GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Clip Joint: Delia's back & forth



I want to thank Lea Lashaway for recovering and digitizing footage from an episode of Clip Joint in which she is featured. Lea was a member of my film and television repertory company for the two decades of its existence in Los Angeles and is a very talented actress. Shooting these episodes was labor-intensive for me very often involving ten-minute takes that would roam the studio moving from one conversation or event to another--the camera became heavier as the evening wore on.

In Clip Joint, Lea played a militant lesbian who protested the show-within-the-show, 'Duke Maltin's Clip Joint', but--like many protestors before her--wanted to be on the payroll. I wish I could remember the names of the actors playing the network executives in the first part of the scene but I can't other than to say that the actress' first name is Debbie. She was a CableACE Awards judge like others in the rep company. In the second half of the scene, Lea converses with Kevin Courtright who was also a long-time member of the rep company and a CableACE judge.


No comments: