GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Carrera Panamericana (1950-54): A new review


A remarkable documentary!
By MICHELLE LEVERE on November 30, 2016 
Format: Amazon Video Verified Purchase
 
I can't say that I am either a race fan or a car buff, but when I read the description of this documentary stating that the Carrera Panamericana was the world's most dangerous road race, I thought it would be a good idea to investigate. I wasn't disappointed. Incredible race footage plus in-depth interviews brought me right to the edge of the road. The only things missing as I watched were the dust and the smell of exhaust! This film absolutely satisfied my appreciation of history, particularly in light of the fact that I had never heard of this event. So, I am better for that. And towards the end of the movie, I wondered if they were able to keep this race alive to the current day, that it would be on par with the FIFA World Cup for anticipation and fan following. And never forget, "A driver is always an optimist, a passenger is always a pessimist"! 
On Amazon Prime and DVD.

No comments: